Garmin mentioned Tuesday that it is buying Firstbeat Analytics, a enterprise centered on analyzing heartbeat information from shopper units within the well being, wellness, health and efficiency markets.
Primarily based in Finland, Firstbeat’s software program analyzes physiological information and gives customers with metrics within the areas of stress, sleep, VO2 max, coaching standing, coaching impact, respiration fee, and energy burned. The intention is to assist customers higher perceive information associated to bodily coaching and restoration.
Wearable and GPS utility firm Garmin plans to combine Firstbeat’s information and analytics capabilities into its vary of health trackers.
“Having utilized Firstbeat’s progressive analytics throughout our product strains for greater than a decade, we’re excited to have the Firstbeat Analytics associates be part of the Garmin crew, establishing us on the forefront of physiological analytics,” mentioned Cliff Pemble, Garmin president and CEO. “Along with their crew of physiologists, scientists and engineers, we look ahead to offering Garmin clients with unmatched expertise for larger efficiency, restoration and general well being.”
Monetary phrases of the deal weren’t disclosed.
- Garmin’s Autoland, Q3 highlights how company’s innovation, product cadence pays off
- Garmin announces MARQ Golfer: Luxury sports watch with advanced golf tracking
- Garmin Vivoactive 4 review: Touchscreen, advanced health-tracking, golf, music, and more
- Garmin Forerunner 945 review: Music, mapping, payments, pulse, and incident detection
- Garmin announces Fenix 6 series: Solar power, bigger displays, and grade-adjusted pacing
- Garmin Edge 530 and Varia RTL510 review: Keeping your bike commute safe and enhancing your outdoor fun
- Garmin Approach S40 hands-on: Affordable golf watch with 24/7 activity capability