Lenovo revamps ThinkSystem lineup as Intel launches next-gen Xeon Scalable processors
Lenovo launched a collection of ThinkSystem server updates and teased new rugged edge computing programs primarily based on third Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
The corporate stated the ruggedized edge servers will likely be designed for efficiency and all-weather circumstances required for telecommunications, manufacturing and good metropolis workloads. Intel launched its Xeon Scalable processors, code named Ice Lake.
Lenovo’s new servers revolve round Intel’s newest Xeon Scalable chips and PCIe Gen4. The servers are designed for workloads like excessive efficiency computing, synthetic intelligence, cloud, analytics and digital desktop infrastructure. The ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile lineups embrace ThinkShield, which secures firmware, processors and subsystems.
CEO Yuanqing Yang has pushed Lenovo to develop its knowledge heart footprint. Within the fiscal third quarter, Lenovo posted document knowledge heart income of $1.63 billion. Lenovo noticed progress throughout cloud service suppliers, enterprise and SMBs.
Here is the breakdown of latest server programs.
- ThinkSystem SR650 V2 is a 2U two-socket server with Intel Optane persistent reminiscence 200 collection and PCIe Gen4 networking.
- ThinkSystem SR630 V2 is a 1U two-socket server for hybrid workloads throughout knowledge facilities, cloud and virtualization.
- ThinkSystem ST650 V2 is a brand new two-socket tower server with a 4U slim chassis designed for distant and department workplaces in addition to shops.
- ThinkSystem SN550 V2, an enterprise system within the Flex System lineup, is a blade server node for cloud, virtualization, database and digital desktop workloads.
For knowledge facilities, Lenovo’s new programs are designed to chop vitality consumption and occupy little ground area. These optimized programs embrace NVMe, GPU accelerators, PCIe Gen4 and Lenovo Neptune cooling.
Here is a have a look at the smaller footprint programs for knowledge facilities.
- ThinkSystem SD650 V2 contains Lenovo Neptune cooling and an structure to take away warmth. The system is aimed toward HPC, AI, cloud, grid and analytics workloads.
- ThinkSystem SD650-N V2 has Lenovo Neptune, direct water cooling for GPUs, two third Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors and 4 Nvidia A100 GPUs in a 1U footprint. Lenovo stated a rack of ThinkSystem SD650-N V2 servers will ship sufficient compute to put within the prime 300 supercomputers.
- ThinkSystem SD630 V2 can deal with twice the workloads per server rack and contains Lenovo Neptune Thermal Rework Modules and processors as much as 250W.
- ThinkSystem SR670 V2 is optimized for prime efficiency compute and AI coaching workloads and contains Nvidia Ampere GPUs. There are six base configurations to assist a number of GPUs and configurations. Lenovo additionally has in-built a Neptune liquid to air warmth exchanger to chill with out added plumbing.